Contempt and Non-Compliance with Court Orders
When one party is not following a Court Order, the
other party may file a Complaint for Contempt to attempt to gain compliance.

Attorney Heather-Jill Williams is experienced in assisting clients in gaining compliance with orders pertaining to non-payment of  child support, alimony, denial of parenting time, and a myriad of other issues.

Prior to filing a Complaint for Contempt you must attempt to resolve your dispute.  If you do not do so you could jeopardize your entire case.  A well drafted demand letter may avoid the expense of time and money involved in seeking Court ordered compliance.  Attorney Heather-Jill Williams can advise and assist you through the entire Contempt process, including the pre-filing attempts at resolving your dispute.

If the other party is in violation of a Massachusetts family court order, and they have ability to comply with that order, a Contempt order may result in: 
    An order to make all payments that are past-due, including 
    possible penalties and interest,

    An order to pay the attorney fees for the party bringing the

    Make up parenting time for time that has been missed, or even

    Jail Time or mandatory community service hours.

Because being found in Contempt of a  court order could result in jail time, you should take the time to consult with an Attorney if you have been served with a Complaint for Contempt.

Attorney Heather-Jill Williams has the knowledge, experience, and skill to negotiate resolution in Contempt of court matters and has done so successfully for both those seeking a Judgment of Contempt and those defending themselves in a Contempt matter

Attorney Heather-Jill Williams
Family Law PC
~850 Springfield Street Suite 3, Feeding Hills MA 01030~
Phone (413) 789-9600 Fax (413) 789-9633



Attorney Heather-Jill Williams


Website Builder